Top 10 Fall Tips to Maintain Your Home
1. Have your service and heating equipment serviced and cleaned by a heating professional.
2. Replace the furnace filter and humidifier pad if needed.
3. Clean leaves and debris out of gutters and downspouts. Downspouts should direct water away from the foundation.
4. Check the roof for missing, loose or damaged shingles.
5. Check the condition of the flashings at chimneys, vents and skylights.
6. Make sure the caulking around windows and doors is adequate to reduce heat loss.
7. Run all gas-powered lawn equipment until the fuel is gone and clean yard equipment.
8. Prepare your patio and deck for winter. Remove outdoor furiture and store BBQ in a protected area.
9. Cover your air conditioner.
10. Test the smoke and CO2 detectors and replace batteries.
Your home is one of the biggest investments that people make. Doing regular seasonal maintenance of your home will help protect your investment and give you peace of mind during cold winter months.
Posted by Bill Keay